Benjamin was born Bethan Rainforth. As a kid, she was told that she was just a tomboy and would once grow up to be a real woman. Only since moving to London has Benjamin been able to explore her gender and accept herself. She performs as a drag king at the Royal Vauxhall Tavern.
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? Looking out of the window from the University halls in East London at the view of the whole of London.
- What do you miss when you're away from London? Everything (shops etc.) being open.
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? East Ham
- What's your favourite building? Royal Opera House - 2 month internship there for opera and ballet and learned so much
- What's your ideal day out in London? Doing nothing & chilling on the sofa watching Eastenders.
- What's your ideal night out in London? Either Royal Vauxhall Tavern or SHE soho
- What's your most hated building? The first house I moved into in London (second year Uni house) which had mice, sharing with 8 others, with only one bathroom and above a brothel - one day there was a blood stained mattress left outside it!
- What's the best view in London? Standing on Waterloo bridge with the view of Big Ben and London Eye
- What's your favourite open space? St James' Park
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? Watching the fireworks New Years Eve 2013
- How would you like to spend your ideal day off in London? At home watching TV with Bonny (Fiance)
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? All the touristy places and then a show at The Glory in Dalston
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? Every day for 8 weeks to get to Drag workshops - absolutely hate the central line
- What's your personal London landmark? Harry Potter
- Who's your favourite fictional Londoner? The circle rusty scaffolding looking sculpture as come into East London from M25
- What's your favourite London film, book or documentary? Jack the Ripper documentary
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? 10 years from now to see what like... and hopefully the crossrail is complete
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? Danny Dyer